It was built in Edirne during 1568-1575 by architect Mimar Sinan upon the orders of Sultan Selim II. Mimar Sinan has referred to this mosque as his masterpiece. It has 4 minarets, each with three galleries, and 71 m high.
Selimiye Arastası (Bazaar)
This arasta was designed by the architect Davut Ağa by order of Murat III in order to bring in revenue for Selimiye Mosque. It is 255 m long with 73 arches and has 124 shops. The traveller, Evliya Çelebi, wrote that the name of the shopping center was "Kavaflar Çarşısı" (Bargain Bazaar). The shopkeepers here pray and promise each day under the prayer dome that they will do business honestly.
Üç Serefeli Camii
The Üç Serefeli Mosque, named after its unusual minaret with three balconies (serefe), was built between 1437 and 1447 (841-851 A.H.) by Murad II. Damaged in the 1752 earthquake, the mosque was repaired in 1763 by order of Mahmud III. A major restoration took place in 1930, with additional work on frescoes in 1999. The Koranic School (mekteb) and the soup kitchen (imaret) of the larger complex no longer exist while the madrasa (medrese) -called Saatli or Timekeeper's- and the dar'ül hadis have survived in heavily restored condition.
Eski Mosque ( Old Mosque )
Eski Cami was begun in 1403 by Emir Sulevman and completed in 1414 by Mehmed I. Haci Alaaddin from Konya is the architect of the mosque. It is a perfect square building measuring 49.50 m. per side. Four huge square piers support nine equal domes (13.5 m. in diameter).
Macedonia Clock Tower was located in the northeastern of the Fortress. It was used as an arsenal for a long time. In 1866, after the addition of wooden floors and clocks by Hacı İzzet Paşa, the tower became the Clock Tower and the clock here, was called as Nation's Clock (Millet Saati). In 1894 the wooden floors were removed and three floors built of stones were constructed.
The construction of the Edirne Palace had started during the reign of Sultan Murad Iat the west of Tunca over a wide area in 1450. After the death of Sultan Murad II in 1451, his son Fatih Sultan Mehmed completed the construction of the palace. Among the ruins are, Cihannüma Kasrı (Worldwide Mansion), Kum Kasrı Hamamı (Sand Mansion Bath), Babusseade, Matbahi Amire and Adalet Kasrı (Justice Mansion).
Bahai house Hafız Ağa Mansion
The Faith s Founder was Bahá u lláh, a Persian nobleman from Teheran who, in the mid-nineteenth century, gave up a princely existence of comfort and security for a life of persecution and deprivation.
II. Bayezid Complex, Health Care Museum
One of the Earliest Medical Schools—Founded in 1488
A "ku¨lliye" is an Ottoman Architectural concept that designates a complex
The Memorial Şükrü Pasa and The Museum of Balkan War
The memorial and the museum were built in commemoration of the martyrs of the Balkan War broke on 26 March 1913. Şükrü Paşa had defended Edirne in famine during the war. His tomb was brought to Kiyik Tabya near Edirne. A memorial was erected for him. A museum was opened consisting of the property left from the people of edirne related to the Balkan War. The memorial was opened to the public visit on 24 July 1998. The museum was opened on 5 February 2000.
Excluding : Tips and Extra expenses
Advance reservation required.
Operates minimum with 10 guests !
For other languages please contact with your sale represantative
call +90 212 511 1094 or e-mail email@example.com
1 person : 135 Euro per person
Please don't hesitate to send your videos about this tour
Please don't hesitate to send your reviews about this tour